Pickup truck driver dies after being thrown from vehicle
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was thrown from his vehicle in a wreck on Houston's south side this morning.
The accident happened after 6am on West Airport near Almeda Road. Police say a driver of a pickup truck was traveling north on Almeda when it hit a curb. The driver overcorrected and crossed traffic, hitting a Porche, and flipping over. The driver was thrown from the truck..
The 68-year-old male victim was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity is pending verification by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
The driver of the Porsche was not hurt.
Investigators are still not sure whether speed or alcohol played a role in the crash.
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies 13 min ago
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale