Pickup truck driver dies after being thrown from vehicle
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was thrown from his vehicle in a wreck on Houston's south side this morning.
The accident happened after 6am on West Airport near Almeda Road. Police say a driver of a pickup truck was traveling north on Almeda when it hit a curb. The driver overcorrected and crossed traffic, hitting a Porche, and flipping over. The driver was thrown from the truck..
The 68-year-old male victim was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity is pending verification by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
The driver of the Porsche was not hurt.
Investigators are still not sure whether speed or alcohol played a role in the crash.
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn 23 min ago
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts 13 min ago
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
- Mack Brown responds to reports of his resignation
- Beyonce fans line up outside Toyota Center
- Accused killer in custody after weeks on the run
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos