Falling stucco lands on woman, child in Galveston
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A woman and a child were recovering Sunday after stucco fell on them from a balcony in Galveston, officials said.
It happened around 6pm Saturday in the 2200 block of Post Office at 22nd.
According to Galveston police, a woman was walking with a child in a stroller when stucco fell about 20 feet from beneath a balcony and hit them.
Both were taken to the University of Texas Medical Branch. Investigators said the child's injuries were not life-threatening, but the woman's injuries were more severe.
Police did not release their names or the age and gender of the child. We will bring you updates on their conditions as soon as we get them.
Officials believe the bottom of the balcony may have had water damage, causing the pieces to fall.
City officials shut down part of the sidewalk after the accident. It will remain closed until the building is inspected.
- ABC News: Oklahoma tornado death toll rises to 91 4 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 18 min ago
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Detectives investigating drowning of 3-year-old boy
- Suspected chop shop raided in NW Harris County
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Casey Curry's Tuesday weather forecast
42 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos