SWAT standoff ends in deadly shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A SWAT standoff came to an end with the suspect turning the gun on himself last night.
It started when officers were called to a home on Saxon near TC Jester. Police say a woman was shot in the arm by her husband during a domestic dispute.
She managed to escape and run to her neighbor's house for help. Her husband barricaded himself inside, armed with a pistol.
Hostage negotiators tried to talk to the suspect but were not able to make contact.
"The decision was made to enter the home. Upon entry the suspect was found dead in a bedroom, apparently from a self inflicted gunshot wound," said HISD spokesperson Kese Smith.
The man's identity has not been released but he is believed to be 52 years old. The woman's gunshot wound is not considered life-threatening.
- Mother killed in police chase remembered
- Mother of drowned girl uses her story to save lives
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- Search ends for missing swimmer at San Luis Pass
- Girl critical after nearly drowning in Cleveland pond
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- UH police investigating on-campus robbery
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- HCSO sergeant killed in crash laid to rest
- Warmer weather on its way to Houston area
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboards, rides toy cars
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos