Woman hit, killed by oncoming train in Pearland
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- Pearland police say a woman was walking on the train tracks when she was hit and killed by an oncoming train early this morning.
It happened around 2:30am on Highway 35 near Walnut. Officers tell Eyewitness News a woman was walking on the tracks and the train operator wasn't able to stop in time. The victim in her 30s hasn't been identified.
The train conductor and an engineer onboard were not injured in the accident.
Pearland authorities say they are now investigating this incident as a suicide.
Police had temporarily blocked off FM 518, Orange, and Walnut at Highway 35 due to the investigation for several hours. All roadways have since reopened.
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier 1 min ago
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Niko Niko's World Gyro Eating Championship held today 31 min ago
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Expect hot, humid conditions next couple of days
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos