Baytown man charged with raping pizza woman
BAYTOWN, TX -- Police say a Houston-area man suspected of raping a delivery woman was caught after returning to a pizza place where he earlier allegedly stole food.
Baytown police say alert employees recognized the man.
Harris County Jail records show 20-year-old James Jackson of Baytown was being held Wednesday on charges of aggravated sexual assault and aggravated robbery. Online records did not list an attorney for Jackson, who's held on $60,000 bond.
Investigators say a Domino's Pizza delivery woman was robbed and raped May 28 by a man who jumped into her vehicle. She recognized him as a man who days earlier stole some wings.
Employees called police on Sunday when Jackson showed up and allegedly tried to order more wings.
Jackson is also suspected in a June convenience store robbery.
- Teen, 13, charged with capital murder 46 min ago
- HISD teachers accuse principal of bullying
- Ex-cons behind the wheel in cabs
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Couple find themselves in middle of armed robbery 23 min ago
- Drunken passenger causes hijack scare in Bali 11 min ago
- Where will calorie labels appear? Not just menus 8 min ago
- Germany finds 265 pounds of cocaine among bananas 6 min ago
- A-list actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers
- First lady gets resume from girl with jobless dad
- Video: Vatican city prepares for canonization
- Video: Hero helps Skeeters open the season
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City