FBCSO: Driver arrested with $300,000 worth of meth in car
FT. BEND COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- A man who was allegedly carrying hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of meth in a vehicle along Highway 59 was arrested on Tuesday.
According to officials with the Ft. Bend County Sheriff's Office, the driver identified as Alberto Cabellero, 33, of Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, was stopped on 59 near Isleib Road in the Beasley area for speeding.
Cabellero's vehicle was searched and deputies say approximately 9.2 pounds of methamphetamines were found inside.
Cabellero was arrested and charged with Manufacture and Delivery of a Controlled Substance. He's being held on a $50,000 bond.
The street value of the drugs found are approximately $300,000. If convicted, Cabellero faces 5 to 99 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Drugs involved in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co., say deputies
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves 32 min ago
- 13 Things to Know for Friday
- Hot, humid and breezy as we head into weekend
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire 39 min ago
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos