Police: Handcuffed suspects steal patrol car
WEST COLUMBIA, TX (KTRK) -- Police are still searching for one of two drug suspects who managed to break the Pexiglass paritition of a West Columbia Police Department patrol car while they were in handcuffs and stole the vehicle.
James Wilson and Jeremy Schroeter were arrested Thursday morning during a meth lab investigation at an apartment complex in the 700 block of Loggins.
However, the two managed to steal an officer's patrol car and flee the scene. The car was found on CR 825, and all the weapons that were in the truck were recovered.
Detectives say Schroeter was apprehended later in the afternoon without incident during a traffic stop by the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office. He is now being held at the West Columbia Police Department jail.
Wilson has not yet been found.
Charges against the duo are pending.
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase 37 min ago
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident 41 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items 35 min ago
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- 13 Things to Know for Friday
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos