Police: Handcuffed suspects steal patrol car
WEST COLUMBIA, TX (KTRK) -- Police are still searching for one of two drug suspects who managed to break the Pexiglass paritition of a West Columbia Police Department patrol car while they were in handcuffs and stole the vehicle.
James Wilson and Jeremy Schroeter were arrested Thursday morning during a meth lab investigation at an apartment complex in the 700 block of Loggins.
However, the two managed to steal an officer's patrol car and flee the scene. The car was found on CR 825, and all the weapons that were in the truck were recovered.
Detectives say Schroeter was apprehended later in the afternoon without incident during a traffic stop by the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office. He is now being held at the West Columbia Police Department jail.
Wilson has not yet been found.
Charges against the duo are pending.
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 36 min ago
- Ice stalls sections of I-35 in North Texas 28 min ago
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall 25 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats