Police: Handcuffed suspects steal patrol car
WEST COLUMBIA, TX (KTRK) -- Police are still searching for one of two drug suspects who managed to break the Pexiglass paritition of a West Columbia Police Department patrol car while they were in handcuffs and stole the vehicle.
James Wilson and Jeremy Schroeter were arrested Thursday morning during a meth lab investigation at an apartment complex in the 700 block of Loggins.
However, the two managed to steal an officer's patrol car and flee the scene. The car was found on CR 825, and all the weapons that were in the truck were recovered.
Detectives say Schroeter was apprehended later in the afternoon without incident during a traffic stop by the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office. He is now being held at the West Columbia Police Department jail.
Wilson has not yet been found.
Charges against the duo are pending.
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 12 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party 11 min ago
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating 10 min ago
- Girl's mom applauds suspension of kissing 6-year-old
- Masked men with guns smash into jewelry store
- Von Trapps' Vt. lodge taps interest in new musical 49 min ago