Police: Handcuffed suspects steal patrol car
WEST COLUMBIA, TX (KTRK) -- Police are still searching for one of two drug suspects who managed to break the Pexiglass paritition of a West Columbia Police Department patrol car while they were in handcuffs and stole the vehicle.
James Wilson and Jeremy Schroeter were arrested Thursday morning during a meth lab investigation at an apartment complex in the 700 block of Loggins.
However, the two managed to steal an officer's patrol car and flee the scene. The car was found on CR 825, and all the weapons that were in the truck were recovered.
Detectives say Schroeter was apprehended later in the afternoon without incident during a traffic stop by the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office. He is now being held at the West Columbia Police Department jail.
Wilson has not yet been found.
Charges against the duo are pending.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos