No refusal weekend in effect for Labor Day
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities across the state are beefing up patrols on the hunt for drunk drivers this Labor Day weekend.
Local law enforcement announced the plans Friday on the campus of Texas Southern University. They say officers across the state will be working overtime.
Another no refusal weekend begins tonight, which means blood will be drawn from suspected drunk drivers who refuse a breath test.
The Department of Transportation says 34 percent of all alcohol related fatal crashes happen during the summer.
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 57 min ago
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 34 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class 31 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating' 8 min ago
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge 17 min ago
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Are more Doritos-flavored foods on the way?
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- Woman jailed over nasty note in lipstick
35 min ago