Firefighters battle 3-alarm warehouse fire in east Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Firefighters battled a three-alarm blaze at a warehouse in east Harris County on Saturday.
The fire was at the Texas Distribution Inc. warehouse in the 13600 block of Industrial near Interstate 10 East. According to officials, the building is used to store chemicals.
Firefighters with the Cloverleaf Volunteer Fire Department responded around 12:30pm and saw heavy smoke and fire coming from the large building. Harris County hazmat, Houston hazmat and other fire departments and agencies were called in to assist.
The cause is unclear, as is what was burning inside the warehouse. Officials said there were no toxins and no danger to the public, but Harris County Public Health and Environmental Service representatives were on scene monitoring conditions.
The fire was tapped out shortly before 5pm.
One firefighter was taken to an area hospital with heat exhaustion.No other injuries were reported.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse