Coast Guard recovers body of missing fisherman
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities found the body of a 41-year-old man who disappeared Saturday night while wade fishing off the Texas City Dike.
Michael Christianson was wade fishing with a friend when they became separated. His friend tried to find him and went for help.
Witnesses said they could hear the man screaming.
The U.S. Coast Guard was notified just after 9pm. They deployed a helicopter to assist Texas City Police Department and Texas City Fire Department in the search.
The helicopter spotted the body just after 10:30pm.
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 20 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents
- Autopsy ordered on Texas City inmate who died 16 min ago
- IRS official Lois Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong' 51 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- 1 killed, 3 students hurt in school bus accident in East TX 33 min ago
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Jodia Arias pleas to jury to spare her life
37 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos