Pedestrian killed while trying to cross highway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was hit and killed by a car early this morning while attempting to cross more than three lanes of traffic, officials said.
It happened in northwest Harris County on Highway 249 near Breen.
Deputies say the man was trying to get across the highway when he was hit by a car.
His body hit the windshield and flew over the vehicle. He died at the scene.
Deputies say the driver passed a field sobriety test and will not face charges.
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car 50 min ago
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom 23 min ago
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life 33 min ago
- Burglars break in through roof of Walgreen's store 6 min ago
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone