Wrecker driver wrestles gator on Magnolia road
MAGNOLIA, TX (KTRK) -- A tow truck driver turned into a gator wrestler overnight after he spotted a gator crossing the road.
Richard Wible says he saw a 4-foot long gator in the middle of the road in Magnolia. He called wildlife officers who told him it would be a while before they could get there to capture the gator.
So he decided to take care of it himself, using a rope and electrical tape to catch the gator. But the animal put up quite a fight.
"I went to pick him and he decided he was going to fight and little bit and he slapped me across my back," Wible said. "I'm just glad we got him out of harm's way and he's free to go now."
Police arrived and put the alligator in the back of one of their patrol cars and they released it back into the wild in a large body of water, away from people.
After being set free, the gator stared them all down from the water and eventually swam off.
Since the gator was found on Buddy Riley, they decided to name him "Buddy."
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos