Families of club shooting victims speak out
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Families are heartbroken and left searching for answers after a gunman fires into a crowd outside a northeast Houston night club. Now police are on the hunt for a very dangerous man.
We're learning a lot more about the three men whose lives were taken during a shooting early Sunday morning. It happened during an argument outside Club I.C.U. in the 9500 block of Mesa Drive near Rinn. The victims were husbands and fathers and their families are devastated.
Witnesses say the gunman is a regular patron here, and the victim's families are hoping someone turns in that man soon.
Huddled around loved ones, the families of three fathers are grieving right now. All are demanding answers about a deadly shooting outside this northeast side club called I.C.U.
"Now losing a son, I know what a mother goes through. It's a pain that's indescribable," Debra Steward said.
Steward's 22-year-old son Curtis was killed outside club I.C.U. early Sunday morning. Gilbert Kibble, 38, and 26-year-old Felipe Castillo also were killed.
"To know him is to love him. Everybody loved to be around him. He will truly be missed," said Castillo's wife, Zakia Jenkins.
The men were attending a birthday party. Eyewitnesses say there was some commotion when women from another party began arguing over music. And as the club let out around 2am, they say that's when a male patron fired numerous shots into the crowd. The gunshots also injured three women.
"We didn't expect to go outside and all this happened, and we lose three people out of our family at one time really," said Kibble's sister, Yvette McNeal.
And with the gunman still on the run, the victims' families say they are hoping someone turns him in soon.
"If you can kill, or if you can shoot six people, and know you killed three of those six, you can kill again," Steward said.
Witnesses at the club describe the gunman as a man in his 40's.
Anyone with information about the shooter is encouraged to call Houston police or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
local, demond fernandez
- Winning Powerball numbers drawn 3 min ago
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 5, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris County
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos