Newborn found in plastic container outside Pasadena medical facility
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A newborn is now in the custody of CPS officials after he was found in a plastic container outside of a Pasadena medical facility.
A worker discovered the baby outside the Bayside Urgent Care Center on Preston near Fairmont Saturday night.
Police say the baby was only hours old when he was found. Noah Smith, the worker who found him, tells us it was a shocking sight.
"He was definitely a newborn, basically the eyes hadn't been able to focus on anything yet. He was very clean, it looked like someone had taken care before dropping him off," Smith said.
So far, none of the baby's family members have come forward to claim the child.
The Texas Safe Haven Law allows a parent to give up the custody of their child up to 60 days old at any hospital, medical service provider or child welfare agency but the parent must leave the child with an on-duty employee.
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat 19 min ago
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room