Newborn found in plastic container outside Pasadena medical facility
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A newborn is now in the custody of CPS officials after he was found in a plastic container outside of a Pasadena medical facility.
A worker discovered the baby outside the Bayside Urgent Care Center on Preston near Fairmont Saturday night.
Police say the baby was only hours old when he was found. Noah Smith, the worker who found him, tells us it was a shocking sight.
"He was definitely a newborn, basically the eyes hadn't been able to focus on anything yet. He was very clean, it looked like someone had taken care before dropping him off," Smith said.
So far, none of the baby's family members have come forward to claim the child.
The Texas Safe Haven Law allows a parent to give up the custody of their child up to 60 days old at any hospital, medical service provider or child welfare agency but the parent must leave the child with an on-duty employee.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today