Newborn found in plastic container outside Pasadena medical facility
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A newborn is now in the custody of CPS officials after he was found in a plastic container outside of a Pasadena medical facility.
A worker discovered the baby outside the Bayside Urgent Care Center on Preston near Fairmont Saturday night.
Police say the baby was only hours old when he was found. Noah Smith, the worker who found him, tells us it was a shocking sight.
"He was definitely a newborn, basically the eyes hadn't been able to focus on anything yet. He was very clean, it looked like someone had taken care before dropping him off," Smith said.
So far, none of the baby's family members have come forward to claim the child.
The Texas Safe Haven Law allows a parent to give up the custody of their child up to 60 days old at any hospital, medical service provider or child welfare agency but the parent must leave the child with an on-duty employee.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale 40 min ago
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty 24 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos