Newborn found in plastic container outside Pasadena medical facility
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A newborn is now in the custody of CPS officials after he was found in a plastic container outside of a Pasadena medical facility.
A worker discovered the baby outside the Bayside Urgent Care Center on Preston near Fairmont Saturday night.
Police say the baby was only hours old when he was found. Noah Smith, the worker who found him, tells us it was a shocking sight.
"He was definitely a newborn, basically the eyes hadn't been able to focus on anything yet. He was very clean, it looked like someone had taken care before dropping him off," Smith said.
So far, none of the baby's family members have come forward to claim the child.
The Texas Safe Haven Law allows a parent to give up the custody of their child up to 60 days old at any hospital, medical service provider or child welfare agency but the parent must leave the child with an on-duty employee.
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 9 min ago
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested 37 min ago
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- 13 Things to Know for Friday
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong 6 min ago
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos