Craigslist deal turns into shoot-out
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- A couple of brothers are accused of robbing men during a purported sale arranged via Craigslist.
Two men who work as phone retailers advertised on Craigslist that they wanted to buy iPhones. They told police they were contacted by an individual and met him at an apartment on August 6. When they arrived, court documents state, their contact led them to another apartment complex to meet two men who said they had phones to sell.
During the transaction, one of those men pulled out a gun and the other produced a knife, and they proceeded to rob the victims. The victims then pulled out their own guns and chased off the suspects, while exchanging gunfire.
The victims captured one man, identified in court documents as Sidney Diosdado. He was arrested at the scene by the Harris County Sheriff's Department.
Officials say Sidney gave them a false name when asked to identify his accomplice, but they later identified the second suspect as his brother, Steven Diosdado. One of the victims identified Steven from a police photo lineup.
Steven Diosdado, 18, is charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. Bail in the case has been set at $30,000.
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Scattered storms possible in our area this weekend
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston
- Houston city pools open for the summer 43 min ago
- City Elections in Houston: The Disappearing Urban Voters
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboars, rides toy cars