Authorities raid suspected marijuana grow house on Houston's East End
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say there was a massive marijuana raid at a warehouse on Houston's East End overnight.
After getting a search warrant for a warehouse off Lamar near Palmer, officers entered and arrested one person who was inside. They also found what they're calling a large amount of marijuana worth millions of dollars.
Authorities say the building was being used as a grow house. At least 100 plants were reportedly found inside, as well as marijuana packages ready for distribution.
"They used different methods of growing -- water, different types of lighting, fans and AC systems," said Lt. Julio Banda with the Harris County Precinct 6 Constable's Office
Authorities say they were alerted to the grow house when a Precinct 6 deputy was investigating an abandoned vehicle near the warehouse. That is when he detected a strange smell coming from the building.
Just last month, two dozen people were arrested in connection with what authorities called the biggest 'pot growing' operation ever in Houston. Police and DEA agents raided 60 homes in Harris, Montgomery and Fort Bend Counties on August 21. Forty-one of those homes were found to be part of a sophisticated marijuana operation. Investigators say the suspects used rental homes in upscale neighborhoods and neighbors never suspected what was going on.
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 3 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Personal info of 1,300 patients stolen, says Methodist Hospital 13 min ago
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired 13 min ago
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment 13 min ago
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders 57 min ago
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported 13 min ago
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo 13 min ago
- Judge: Cake maker must serve gay couples 13 min ago