Fatally shot man dumped out of car in west Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating the case of a man who was shot six times and tossed out of a car in west Houston this morning.
Just after 6am, the man was dumped out of a car at an intersection near Highway 6 and Briar Forest. The man, who was shot three times in his arm and three times in his abdomen, made his way to a gas station for help.
Passers-by assisted the man and called for help. One of those on the scene was a regular customer of the store who happened to be a doctor.
The victim, who has not been identified, was taken to Ben Taub Hospital where police say he died of multiple gunshot wounds. He was able to provide a small amount of information to police, including a name of the suspect. The victim said he met the shooter at a strip club, but it's unclear what took place after that.
No description of the suspect has been given at this time, but witnesses say the victim was thrown out of a gray Chrysler Pacifica.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- ABC News: Oklahoma tornado death toll rises to 91 3 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 12 min ago
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Detectives investigating drowning of 3-year-old boy
- Suspected chop shop raided in NW Harris County
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Casey Curry's Tuesday weather forecast
36 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos