Man faces charges after bomb threat hoax
NEW CANEY, TX (KTRK) -- A man was arrested Wednesday night after he called the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office claiming he placed a bomb under a vehicle at the East Montgomery County Annex in New Caney and was about to detonate it.
Just after 11pm, Troy Don Tindall, 20, of New Caney called the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office non-emergency line. Tindall told a call taker his first name and then stated he earlier placed a "chemical based bomb with shrapnel" beneath a Precinct 4 Constable's Office patrol vehicle parked at the annex. Tindall said he could see the vehicle and had a detonator, according to authorities.
A perimeter was established and the entire annex building was evacuated, officials with the Precinct 4 Constable's Office said. The annex contains multiple law enforcement offices, whose officers are in and out throughout the night, including the Precinct 4 Constable's Office, Montgomery County Sheriff's Office and the Texas Department of Public Safety Highway Patrol. Members of the county's custodial staff are also on duty at the annex overnight and the East Montgomery County Jail facility is staffed by the Sheriff's Office 24 hours a day and serves as a holding facility for inmates awaiting transfer to the main jail in Conroe.
Shortly after the perimeter was established and the evacuation was completed, Precinct 4 deputies noticed a white male, who turned out to be Tindall, walking east on McCleskey Road, which is near the annex. When deputies approached Tindall, he ran, at first continuing east on McClesky, then heading north into a wooded area. Precinct 4 deputies then pursued Tindall on foot, as Tindall yelled to them saying he had warrants. The foot pursuit lasted about 100 yards before one of the deputies apprehended Tindall. After his arrest, Tindall admitted making the bomb threat.
There was no bomb.
Troy Tindall is charged with false alarm or report of emergency (state jail felony) and evading arrest/detention (class B misdemeanor).
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos