Ex-officer rape trial on hold for judge family emergency
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The trial of a former Houston police officer accused of raping a woman while on duty is on hold until Monday.
Testimony for the trial Friday was canceled because we're told the judge had a family emergency. Former HPD officer Abraham Joseph is accused of sexually assaulting a woman last year. The alleged victim was supposed to take the stand to continue her testimony.
The trial is supposed to resume on Monday.
houston police department, local
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW 29 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date? 45 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'