Ex-officer rape trial on hold for judge family emergency
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The trial of a former Houston police officer accused of raping a woman while on duty is on hold until Monday.
Testimony for the trial Friday was canceled because we're told the judge had a family emergency. Former HPD officer Abraham Joseph is accused of sexually assaulting a woman last year. The alleged victim was supposed to take the stand to continue her testimony.
The trial is supposed to resume on Monday.
houston police department, local
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student 11 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town