Ex-officer rape trial on hold for judge family emergency
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The trial of a former Houston police officer accused of raping a woman while on duty is on hold until Monday.
Testimony for the trial Friday was canceled because we're told the judge had a family emergency. Former HPD officer Abraham Joseph is accused of sexually assaulting a woman last year. The alleged victim was supposed to take the stand to continue her testimony.
The trial is supposed to resume on Monday.
houston police department, local
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 4 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 12 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday! 22 min ago
- Avoid baggage fees with these packing tips 28 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake