Ex-officer rape trial on hold for judge family emergency
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The trial of a former Houston police officer accused of raping a woman while on duty is on hold until Monday.
Testimony for the trial Friday was canceled because we're told the judge had a family emergency. Former HPD officer Abraham Joseph is accused of sexually assaulting a woman last year. The alleged victim was supposed to take the stand to continue her testimony.
The trial is supposed to resume on Monday.
houston police department, local
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 54 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 21 min ago
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women 13 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- SpaceX launches supplies to space station 35 min ago
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out 52 min ago
- University overstated fiscal health by some $23M
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio