Houston participates in 'Day of Action for Syria'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Dozens of Houstonians took a part in flash mob Saturday to raise awareness about the civil war in Syria.
The flash mob was held at Macgregor Park in southeast Houston.
A woman banged on a drum while the rest of the mob held signs about the war in Syria and others played the roles of soldiers and victims.
Local high school and college students organized the mob as part of Houston's Day of Action for Syria.
Prior to the flash mob was a "walk for the Children of Syria," also held at MacGregor Park.
The Syrian American Council initiated a nationwide campaign in collaboration with Rise4Humanity. Events were held in 18 U.S. cities, including Houston. Proceeds from the walk will benefit UNICEF's work in Syria.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 25 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 47 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Rescuers rush to reach hundreds in SKorean ferry 32 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas