SWAT scene near Sharpstown ends peacefully
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A SWAT team coaxed a man out of an apartment Sunday in southwest Houston after a nearly three-hour standoff.
It happened in the 7500 block of Bellerive at Marinette Drive.
According to a Houston Police Department spokesperson, a veteran in his 50s barricaded himself in an apartment. No one else was inside with him.
Police believed he may have been armed and planned to harm himself.
The man was taken into custody shortly before 2pm without incident.
No additional details were immediately available.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail