Man dies in high-speed crash in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A power pole sliced a car in two and killed a speeding driver in southwest Houston late Tuesday night.
According to a witness, the victim at about 11:45pm Tuesday was traveling at a high rate of speed westbound in the 12300 block of Bellaire when he swerved and crashed his white Lexus SC 400 into a telephone pole. The car split in two and the driver was ejected from the vehicle.
The victim, Hui Nguyen, 23, was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other individuals or vehicles were involved in this incident.
Investigators say Nguyen was going about 90 miles per hour at the time of the accident.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course