Man dies in high-speed crash in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A power pole sliced a car in two and killed a speeding driver in southwest Houston late Tuesday night.
According to a witness, the victim at about 11:45pm Tuesday was traveling at a high rate of speed westbound in the 12300 block of Bellaire when he swerved and crashed his white Lexus SC 400 into a telephone pole. The car split in two and the driver was ejected from the vehicle.
The victim, Hui Nguyen, 23, was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other individuals or vehicles were involved in this incident.
Investigators say Nguyen was going about 90 miles per hour at the time of the accident.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos