At least one injured in shootout in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are trying to sort out the details of a massive shootout Wednesday afternoon in southwest Houston.
Dozens of shots were fired between two cars driving along Dairy Ashford near Bellaire. Witnesses tell us at around 2pm they heard anywhere from 20 to 50 gunshots. They say they saw someone in a car shooting at a group of people in another car. And that second car reportedly returned fire.
The mother of one shooting victim says her son, 21-year-old Denzel Redman, was shot in the arm.
"He's in the hospital. He blocked them from shooting him in his face. But I was told they tried to kill him," she said.
Police are still investigating and searching for the suspects.
Witnesses tell us after the shooting they saw a man wearing a white t-shirt and only one shoe running down the street.
Police have not been able to confirm any other details.
local, samica knight
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos