Houston woman accused of beating children with broom, extension cord
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston woman is accused of beating two children with household items.
Diana Torres is charged with two counts of injury to a child. Court documents state on September 11 Torres beat one child with an extension cord and another child with a broom. Both children, who are under the age of 15, suffered bodily injuries.
Torres, 31, was taken into custody on the same day. She faces a total bond of $10,000.
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Strong storms roll over SE Texas
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone