Shelter dog who met Tommy Lee, KISS finds home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We first introduced you to Chance, a Montgomery County Animal Shelter dog, last month when he met famed rockers Tommy Lee and the members of KISS.
Now, we are happy to report that Chance has found a forever home and is loving life with his new family.
Chance was fostered by MCAS volunteer Larry Alton from the time he was rescued and through his recovery until he was adopted. He came with a laundry list of problems, but they were all treatable.
"I had Chance almost eight months as he recovered from mange and an operation to correct an inverted eyelid (courtesy of MCAS vet Dr. Taylor) and a broken spirit," Alton told us.
Chance got the chance of a lifetime to hang out with Tommy Lee and the members of KISS backstage at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. The visit was coordinated by shelter staffer Jane Holman.
As it turned out, Chance didn't even need the rock star association to find a home.
A young couple -- Chris and Gabby -- had met him at a dog park months earlier and decided at last to have him join their family with their other dog, Rita, who was also adopted from MCAS.
For more information on the Montgomery County Animal Shelter, including how you can help and a list of adoptable pets, visit www.mcaspets.org.
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'