Man arrested for fatal shooting of Santa Fe woman
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- A Santa Fe woman died Saturday and a Hitchcock man was arrested and accused of shooting her.
Around 3:15pm Saturday, Santa Fe police received several 911 calls reporting a shooter in the 4200 block of Avenue Q½. Callers then told officials a woman had been shot.
Police arrived in less than a minute to find the 42-year-old victim with multiple gunshot wounds.
Authorities transported the woman by Life Flight to the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston where she later died.
William R. Parker, 44, was detained at the scene. He was treated for unknown injuries at Mainland Medical Center and then released into police custody.
A teenage female, believed to be the victim's daughter, was on scene at the time of the shooting and was not injured.
Police are interviewing several witnesses. According to investigators, it appears Parker was in a relationship with the victim and they recently separated.
The Galveston County Sheriff's Office is assisting with the crime scene investigation.
The victim's name has not been released pending notification of family members.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for more details as they become available.
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 14 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?' 2 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed 17 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing 27 min ago
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 17 min ago
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen 6 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words 25 min ago
- CVS could face millions in fines for missing painkillers 12 min ago