Man arrested for fatal shooting of Santa Fe woman
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- A Santa Fe woman died Saturday and a Hitchcock man was arrested and accused of shooting her.
Around 3:15pm Saturday, Santa Fe police received several 911 calls reporting a shooter in the 4200 block of Avenue Q½. Callers then told officials a woman had been shot.
Police arrived in less than a minute to find the 42-year-old victim with multiple gunshot wounds.
Authorities transported the woman by Life Flight to the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston where she later died.
William R. Parker, 44, was detained at the scene. He was treated for unknown injuries at Mainland Medical Center and then released into police custody.
A teenage female, believed to be the victim's daughter, was on scene at the time of the shooting and was not injured.
Police are interviewing several witnesses. According to investigators, it appears Parker was in a relationship with the victim and they recently separated.
The Galveston County Sheriff's Office is assisting with the crime scene investigation.
The victim's name has not been released pending notification of family members.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for more details as they become available.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 37 min ago
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus 29 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos