Man arrested for fatal shooting of Santa Fe woman
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- A Santa Fe woman died Saturday and a Hitchcock man was arrested and accused of shooting her.
Around 3:15pm Saturday, Santa Fe police received several 911 calls reporting a shooter in the 4200 block of Avenue Q½. Callers then told officials a woman had been shot.
Police arrived in less than a minute to find the 42-year-old victim with multiple gunshot wounds.
Authorities transported the woman by Life Flight to the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston where she later died.
William R. Parker, 44, was detained at the scene. He was treated for unknown injuries at Mainland Medical Center and then released into police custody.
A teenage female, believed to be the victim's daughter, was on scene at the time of the shooting and was not injured.
Police are interviewing several witnesses. According to investigators, it appears Parker was in a relationship with the victim and they recently separated.
The Galveston County Sheriff's Office is assisting with the crime scene investigation.
The victim's name has not been released pending notification of family members.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for more details as they become available.
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- Thieves get away with $100,000 in loot
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Sergio Garcia apologizes to Tiger Woods about comment
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- Doctor wants tougher laws on dog maulings
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Texas AG sues to get Galveston Co. judge off bench
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone