UH student robbed at gunpoint near campus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- University of Houston police are searching for two men who robbed a student at gunpoint Sunday.
The incident was reported to university police around 2pm. According to officials, two men in a car drove up to a UH student while he was walking west in the 3800 block of Holman Street near Scott Street.
The driver brandished a handgun and demanded the student's cell phone and other property, police said.
Investigators said the victim did what the robbers asked and the suspects reportedly fled the scene, headed eastbound on Holman toward Cullen Boulevard.
The University of Houston student was not injured.
The suspects are described as two black men in their late 20s to 30s with light skin, medium builds and short, curly hair. They were in a dark-colored sedan and were armed with a black, semi-automatic handgun.
Anyone with information on this incident is urged to call police at 713-743-3333
Officials are also reminding students to take safety precautions. They suggest you stay alert, avoid walking alone, be cautious when approached by strangers, pay attention to details and remain as calm as possible.
The University has more than 70 emergency call boxes placed strategically around campus. Calls from those boxes go directly to the UHDPS Dispatch Center. If you aren't near a call box, report the incident immediately by calling 713-743-3333 or 911. If a vehicle is involved, try to note the vehicle's license plate number or the vehicle's manufacturer, model and color or any other identifying features.
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 3 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in 5 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison 38 min ago
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video 3 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Testimony continues in baby death trial 53 min ago
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Travis Herzog's chilly forecast
29 min ago