'Tall, dark and handsome' bandit gets 14 years in federal prison
BEAUMONT, TX -- A Southeast Texas man suspected of being the FBI's so-called "tall, dark and handsome" bank robber has been sentenced to 14 years in prison.
A federal judge in Beaumont on Tuesday sentenced 46-year-old John Steven Stark of Daisetta. Stark on May 3 pleaded guilty to two counts of bank robbery.
Prosecutors say Stark on Jan. 30 robbed a Bank of America branch in Beaumont and on Feb. 2 held up a Comerica Bank branch in Houston.
Surveillance video helped lead to Stark's capture Feb. 8 shortly after a Prosperity Bank branch in Beaumont was robbed.
- Parts of Astrodome demolished 39 min ago
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged 36 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 54 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule 53 min ago
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush 28 min ago
- No more ice, but cold weather continues