Man accused of robbing boy, 5, for cell phone at Galveston park
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A 22-year-old man remains behind bars for allegedly robbing a 5-year-old boy.
It happened over the weekend at Wright Cuney Park and Recreation Center in Galveston. Galveston police say witnesses told them Jerrome Dominick approached the little boy, took his cell phone and then ran into nearby apartments.
One of the witnesses knew Dominick and police were able to contact him by phone. They convinced him to return to the park, where he was then arrested.
The little boy was not injured.
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?