Driver-less truck slams into southwest Houston home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A stolen truck without a driver crashed into a woman's garage last night.
It happened around 9:45pm on Ashcroft near West Airport in southwest Houston.
Police say the truck was stolen from another home in that woman's neighborhood. The thief allegedly took bricks from that home, placed them on the truck's gas peda and let it take off down the street. The truck crashed into an elderly woman's garage. She was not hurt.
Neighbors rushed to help the woman.
"I just wanted to know if my neighbor was OK. She's always nice. She always checks on us; very nice person and I was just more concerned for her," said neighbor Brian Mouton. "But it was just a weird situation seeing the truck with the wheels spinning."
Police say they have no motive or suspects at this time.
- Severe weather possible this morning 59 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 31 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 37 min ago
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?