Driver-less truck slams into southwest Houston home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A stolen truck without a driver crashed into a woman's garage last night.
It happened around 9:45pm on Ashcroft near West Airport in southwest Houston.
Police say the truck was stolen from another home in that woman's neighborhood. The thief allegedly took bricks from that home, placed them on the truck's gas peda and let it take off down the street. The truck crashed into an elderly woman's garage. She was not hurt.
Neighbors rushed to help the woman.
"I just wanted to know if my neighbor was OK. She's always nice. She always checks on us; very nice person and I was just more concerned for her," said neighbor Brian Mouton. "But it was just a weird situation seeing the truck with the wheels spinning."
Police say they have no motive or suspects at this time.
- One dead, several injured in bar shooting 14 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Family affected by HPD homicide probe speaks out
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Rockets fall to Portland again, down 2-0 in series
- Authorities: Deadly wreck sparked by fleeing driver 7 min ago
- Job fair today only for veterans, spouses 4 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled 38 min ago
- Two people shot outside auto shop
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Cy-Fair ISD: Bible OK to bring for independent reading
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes