House along private airstrip in Brazoria Co. destroyed by fire
BRAZORIA COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- A four-alarm fire broke out last night at a home that also houses airplanes.
Firefighters were called out to the home on FM 1462 near Highway 288 around 11pm in Brazoria County. When they arrived, 40 foot flames were already shooting from the home.
Since the home is located on a private airfield, firefighters are still working to figure out if a plane might have been inside.
"We believe there's a hangar attached. This is a private airfield and we haven't been able to get into the house yet to determine what's all in the house, what's on the inside," said Asst. Chief Kendall Hunting with the Alvin Fire Department.
Authorities say there were people inside the home at the time of the fire, but they made it out safely.
- Boy, 15, bitten by shark at Surfside Beach
- Court says pre-Miranda silence can be used
- Police: Teen dies trying to protect his mom
- Bullet-proof glass saves store clerk during shooting
- Robbers hit jewelry store in The Woodlands
- One dead in multi-vehicle wreck in N. Harris Co.
- Resident fights to save tree in The Heights
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Webster flower shop murder shocks community
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Photos: Daytime Emmy Awards red carpet arrivals
- otrc: Kim Kardashian gives birth to baby girl
- abcnews: Burned woman warns of spa dangers
- Video: Good Samaritan stabbed by own sword