Robbers hit bank, dump car in school parking lot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Bank robbery suspects dumped their getaway car in a school parking lot Saturday after terrorizing tellers and customers in north Houston.
According to officials, the robbery happened around 12:45pm at Amegy Bank in the 400 block of North Sam Houston Parkway at Imperial Valley.
We're told it was a takeover-style robbery. One suspect entered the bank wearing a ski mask and carrying a pistol. He pointed his weapon at tellers in the bank and demanded that everyone get down.
He took an undisclosed amount of cash and ran outside where at least two other suspects were waiting for him in a white Dodge Neon with paper plates.
The suspects reportedly dumped the getaway vehicle in the parking lot of Jose De Santiago Early Childhood Pre-Kindergarten Center at 1420 Aldine Meadows Road.
A security guard across the street told us he saw the suspects park, jump out of the getaway car and get into another vehicle.
Officers say this is the fourth bank robbery in a one-mile radius within the past couple days.
The armed suspect was described as a Hispanic male wearing a gray hoodie, blue shorts and a dark ski mask. He carried a red tote bag during the robbery.
Crime Stoppers is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to the charging and arrest of these robbers. If you have information about this case, please call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 713-222-TIPS or the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000.
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Burglars break in through roof of Walgreen's store
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- 13 Things to Know for Thursday 20 min ago
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone