Firefighters rescue woman trapped in tree
PORTER, TX (KTRK) -- A home in Porter has become all too familiar to local firefighters. They've been there two days in a row to rescue someone stuck in a tree.
Homeowner Morning Starr Gardner says a woman she hired to trim her tree was trapped 25 feet above ground Sunday afternoon.
The woman tied herself to the tree for safety reasons, but she became tangled in the rope when part of the tree fell. Crews used a ladder to bring the woman down.
She was airlifted to the hospital to be treated for her injuries.
This was the second attempt to trim the tree. Gardner says the woman's husband got stuck in the same tree just yesterday.
"They climbed the tree. They were bringing branches down. They were doing all right," Gardner said. "Then I hear, 'call 911" because he had cut his hand open."
Gardner says the man lost the tips of three fingers when the chainsaw he was using slipped.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 16 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 38 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today 53 min ago
- Rescuers rush to reach hundreds in SKorean ferry 23 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas