HPD officers collide, injuring 2
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two Houston police cruisers crashed into each other in northeast Houston this morning.
The two vehicles collided on Weaver near Peachtree at around 6:30am.
According to an HPD spokesperson, one officer, traveling by himself, slammed into the rear end of another squad car that had two officers inside.
Both cars sustained heavy damage. Rescue teams had to use the Jaws of Life to pry open the door on one of the vehicles.
The solo officer sustained the worst of the injuries, suffering a serious neck injury. One officer from the unit hit in the rear also suffered neck and back pain. Both were taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital. The third officer wasn't transported.
- Woman found dead inside burned out home 53 min ago
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 56 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
36 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos