HPD officers collide, injuring 2
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two Houston police cruisers crashed into each other in northeast Houston this morning.
The two vehicles collided on Weaver near Peachtree at around 6:30am.
According to an HPD spokesperson, one officer, traveling by himself, slammed into the rear end of another squad car that had two officers inside.
Both cars sustained heavy damage. Rescue teams had to use the Jaws of Life to pry open the door on one of the vehicles.
The solo officer sustained the worst of the injuries, suffering a serious neck injury. One officer from the unit hit in the rear also suffered neck and back pain. Both were taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital. The third officer wasn't transported.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale