Body found during search for missing woman
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- A search effort in the Channelview area has ended after the body of a woman's was found right under the missing woman's trailer home. Rosemarie Hutcheson hasn't been seen since Friday night. Now authorities are working to confirm whether the body found Tuesday is in fact her.
Two volunteers with Texas Equusearch found the body of a woman underneath the trailer where Rosemarie lived with her husband and her daughter. The 52-year-old went missing around 6:30pm Friday.
A family friend told Eyewitness News she had gone to a shed in the yard, and her husband had gone around to the other side of the house. By the time he reached the shed, Rosemarie was gone.
Texas Equusearch has been looking for her for the past two days, mainly in the densely wooded area behind the trailer park. On Tuesday afternoon they began retracing their steps, focusing on the back side of the trailer.
"One of the things that we noticed is that if you look at the skirting on the trailer, how straight it is and everything," said Tim Miller with Equusearch. "That one corner, you could tell the skirting wasn't like the rest of the skirting. That was another indication that for one reason or another, the skirting didn't look the same."
The searchers who found the body said it appeared it had been there for a few days. Investigators did not find any signs of foul play and suspect it might be a case of suicide.
Earlier, the Harris County Sheriff's Office told us Rosemarie had been suffering from depression.
Authorities have taken a DNA swab from Rosemarie's husband.
The identity of the body has not yet been confirmed.
local, adela uchida
- Teen, 13, charged with capital murder 13 min ago
- HISD teachers accuse principal of bullying
- Ex-cons behind the wheel in cabs
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Video: Vatican city prepares for canonization
- Video: Hero helps Skeeters open the season
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Family's pet donkey shot 18 times, killed
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Convict who escaped TX prison returns from Mexico
- Child dies in rollover wreck along Gulf Freeway