Spring middle school teacher pleads guilty to sexually assaulting student
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Spring ISD teacher has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a student.
Andre Thomas was a teacher at Roberson Middle School, when he raped a 13-year-old girl in his classroom in August of last year. On Tuesday, Thomas made a plea agreement and was sentenced to 180 days in jail and ten years probation.
A statement by the victim was made in court Tuesday. In it, she said she had to pretend Thomas was a good teacher, when he was really a horrible teacher, but she said she is a survivor.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 53 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor