Spring middle school teacher pleads guilty to sexually assaulting student
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Spring ISD teacher has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a student.
Andre Thomas was a teacher at Roberson Middle School, when he raped a 13-year-old girl in his classroom in August of last year. On Tuesday, Thomas made a plea agreement and was sentenced to 180 days in jail and ten years probation.
A statement by the victim was made in court Tuesday. In it, she said she had to pretend Thomas was a good teacher, when he was really a horrible teacher, but she said she is a survivor.
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 27 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 55 min ago
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues