Spring middle school teacher pleads guilty to sexually assaulting student
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Spring ISD teacher has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a student.
Andre Thomas was a teacher at Roberson Middle School, when he raped a 13-year-old girl in his classroom in August of last year. On Tuesday, Thomas made a plea agreement and was sentenced to 180 days in jail and ten years probation.
A statement by the victim was made in court Tuesday. In it, she said she had to pretend Thomas was a good teacher, when he was really a horrible teacher, but she said she is a survivor.
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos