Fan who fell to death at Texans game at Reliant Stadium was legally drunk
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have an update on a story we first told you about last month. A man who fell to his death at a Texans game was legally drunk.
The medical examiner says 25-year-old Jonathan Kelly had a blood alcohol content of .16. That's twice the legal limit.
Kelly fell 60 feet to his death in the Texans final preseason game August 30 at Reliant Stadium. Eyewitnesses say he and some friends were riding the escalators handrails when he lost his balance.
The medical examiner ruled Kelly's death as accidental and says he died of multiple blunt force injuries.
reliant stadium, houston texans, local
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat 20 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery