HISD spoofs 'Gangnam' video to promote early voting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- HISD is going "Gangnam" to promote early voting.
The district recently released its version of the popular music video by South Korean Rapper Psy. Titled "Early Voting Style," the subtitled lyrics serve as a reminder that early voting takes place October 22 through November 2 and that HISD's $1.9 billion bond referendum is on the ballot.
HISD can't use tax dollars to promote passage of its bond measure, but it can spend it on informational materials encouraging people to vote. The general election is November 6.
houston isd, local
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer