Deputies stumble upon pounds of illicit drugs
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Deputies executing a arrest warrant at northwest Harris County home ended up arresting another person after they stumbled upon pounds of illicit drugs at the residence.
The drugs were discovered Thursday at a home in the 9700 block of Fairbanks North Houston, according to the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies executing an arrest warrant said they immediately smelled marijuana upon entering the home. During a search of the residence, they discovered approximately 7 pounds of marijuana, 3.2 pounds of cocaine, 1.5 grams of methamphetamine, an assault rifle and various scales.
A woman who was inside the home was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana. She's been identified as 23-year-old Ricarda Carolina Nino-Munoz.
The person who is at center of the arrest warrant was not at the house and remains at-large.
- One dead after police chase comes to end
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty County
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- 7 charged over suspected chop shop
- METRORail downtown closed for Memorial Day weekend
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives 59 min ago
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos