Woman hanging head out car window dies in crash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman was arrested Sunday morning after colliding with a police officer's patrol vehicle. The accident killed the suspect's passenger.
It happened around 2:30am in the 9100 block of Richmond Avenue.
According to investigators, a police officer was attempting to make right turn onto Jarvis when the patrol vehicle was sideswiped by a silver Ford Taurus that was speeding down Richmond.
The driver of the Taurus -- 29-year-old Toccara Victoria Dubose -- lost control and crossed a median, hitting a tree and coming to rest in a parking lot across the street.
Police say Dubose's passenger, Anesha Griffin, had her head hanging out of the vehicle while they were driving. Her head hit the tree and she died at the scene. She was 22.
Dubose was arrested and charged with intoxication manslaughter.
The officers involved in the accident were not injured.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat