Woman hanging head out car window dies in crash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman was arrested Sunday morning after colliding with a police officer's patrol vehicle. The accident killed the suspect's passenger.
It happened around 2:30am in the 9100 block of Richmond Avenue.
According to investigators, a police officer was attempting to make right turn onto Jarvis when the patrol vehicle was sideswiped by a silver Ford Taurus that was speeding down Richmond.
The driver of the Taurus -- 29-year-old Toccara Victoria Dubose -- lost control and crossed a median, hitting a tree and coming to rest in a parking lot across the street.
Police say Dubose's passenger, Anesha Griffin, had her head hanging out of the vehicle while they were driving. Her head hit the tree and she died at the scene. She was 22.
Dubose was arrested and charged with intoxication manslaughter.
The officers involved in the accident were not injured.
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- High-water rescues reported in San Antonio area
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Scattered storms possible in our area this weekend
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris 10 min ago
- Coast Guard searching for missing 18-year-old swimmer 18 min ago
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboars, rides toy cars
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos