Man charged with murder of missing woman appears in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The man charged with killing Michelle Warner made his first appearance in front of a judge overnight.
Dressed in a black Puma jacket and blue jeans, Mark Castellano stood emotionless in front of the judge and only spoke once requesting a court appointed attorney.
Castellano told police he choked Warner and heard her neck snap and then stuffed her body in a closet with a plastic bag around her head.
Afterwards, police say he drove to Odessa to drop off their son and then returned to Houston the next day to get rid of the body.
"He came back to Houston and stuffed the body in a plastic storage container in the car. He then drove to Midland, Texas, and dumped the body in a rural oil field," read the court clerk.
Castellano is now being held on $150,000 bond.
- 51 killed after tornadoes rip through Oklahoma 17 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Detectives investigating drowning of 3-year-old boy
- Suspected chop shop raided in NW Harris County
- Court appearance for man accused in attack at nail salon
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Proposed office tower worries neighbors
- Gunman sought after man killed inside restaurant
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos