Sex offender, 70, accused of attacking 15-year-old girl in his Channelview trailer
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- A 70-year-old Channelview man faces charges for allegedly attacking a 15-year-old girl in his trailer.
The victim's mother told police on September 26 her daughter was visiting Don Ray Porterfield in the 700 block of Woodland Drive when her daughter called her screaming. The teen told police Porterfield forced her into his bedroom and tried to tie her down. She was able to get away and then called her mom from Porterfield's cell phone. He was arrested the same day.
Investigators say further investigation revealed Porterfield is actually a sex offender who moved six months ago and did not register his new address.
Porterfield is charged with aggravated kidnapping and failure to register as a sex offender.
Court documents state Porterfield has prior convictions for aggravated sexual assault in 1990 and aggravated rape in 1976.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks 15 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test