Police chase ends in crash in Montrose area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver on the run from police gunned it 70 miles per hour up Montrose Boulevard overnight, officers say.
It's amazing no one else was hurt when that car slammed into a telephone pole near Montrose and Peden. Officers say the driver, who is in his 30s, refused to pull over after he was caught driving without headlights, ending in that crash.
One of the police cars in pursuit also slammed into the back of the driver's car. The suspect driver was scraped up enough that he had to go to the hospital.
He also had a surprise for police in the seat of his car -- a stash of marijuana.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church 27 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos