Police chase ends in crash in Montrose area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver on the run from police gunned it 70 miles per hour up Montrose Boulevard overnight, officers say.
It's amazing no one else was hurt when that car slammed into a telephone pole near Montrose and Peden. Officers say the driver, who is in his 30s, refused to pull over after he was caught driving without headlights, ending in that crash.
One of the police cars in pursuit also slammed into the back of the driver's car. The suspect driver was scraped up enough that he had to go to the hospital.
He also had a surprise for police in the seat of his car -- a stash of marijuana.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 48 min ago
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama 14 min ago
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped 50 min ago
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist 20 min ago
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Mom charged after 4-year-old found in parking lot
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH