Boy dies after being struck by vehicle in W. Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A boy died after being hit by a car in west Houston.
Investigators say the victim identified as Desmond Thomas, 11, wandered out onto the feeder road around 7:40pm of the Katy Freeway near Oak Stream when he was hit by a car. He was transported to Texas Children's Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities say the driver of a gray Lincoln Navigator was traveling westbound on the Katy Freeway service road when Desmond ran into traffic. The driver was unable to avoid the accident.
According to police, the driver did not show any signs of intoxication or impairment at the scene. He was questioned and released.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos