Two accused in minister's murder appear in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men accused in a minister's murder were in court on Thursday.
Devonte Hayes, 18, and Kesley Davis, 19, went before a judge facing charges in the death of Desmond Jones back in July. Authorities say Hayes and Kesley shot and killed the 21-year-old minister in front of his apartment complex, then stole his vehicle.
Hayes has been charged with capital murder. Kesley is also facing a murder charge.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 38 min ago
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company 36 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course 58 min ago
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham' 27 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
27 min ago