Two accused in minister's murder appear in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men accused in a minister's murder were in court on Thursday.
Devonte Hayes, 18, and Kesley Davis, 19, went before a judge facing charges in the death of Desmond Jones back in July. Authorities say Hayes and Kesley shot and killed the 21-year-old minister in front of his apartment complex, then stole his vehicle.
Hayes has been charged with capital murder. Kesley is also facing a murder charge.
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 1 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment 44 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians