New 'stranger danger' alert issued by Katy ISD
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- A Katy ISD junior high student kicked a man he says was trying to lure him from a bus stop. That's according to a "stranger danger" alert sent to parents in the district.
Officials say the student was waiting at a bus stop Friday morning on Long Spring Drive at Autumn Fern Way, which is near McMeans Junior High, when a stranger approached him.
The man was dressed in all black and wearing gloves. He told the student to come with him and bent down. That's when the student kicked him in the face and the man ran away.
This is the latest of at least six stranger danger reports by Katy ISD since early September.
If you have any information in this case call Katy ISD police at 281- 237-4000.
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow